New Employee Orientation
What to Bring
- Original and unexpired identity and employment authorization document(s) for completion of the Form I-9.
- (Optional) Social Security Number(s) for your designated benefit plan beneficiaries, if you choose to complete this documentation during the session. Note: You will have an opportunity to submit the beneficiary forms to the Benefits office at a later date.
- We strive to maintain a standard temperature in orientation rooms. For your comfort, we recommend that you bring a light sweater or jacket.
- You will be provided with coffee, light breakfast, and refreshments before and during the orientation program.
- Sign in to Zoom
- UNC’s History & Achievements
- Mission & Vision
- Employment Documents
- Benefits Review
- Safety, Professional Development & Perks
Following the session, you will report to your work location. Your department will continue the onboarding process by orienting you to your position.
- Orientation Checklist for New Employees (Updated September 2023)
- Orientation Checklist for Supervisors (Updated September 2023)
Human Resources Consultants and Representatives must register new faculty for orientation.
Faculty Attending NEO On Their Hire Date
If a Faculty member attends NEO on their hire date, the OHR I-9 unit will complete the Form I-9 on behalf of the hiring department as long as the Faculty attends the full orientation program (8:30 a.m.- 1 p.m.) and the hiring department HR Representative completes the following actions by noon on the Wednesday prior to orientation:
- Registers the Faculty member for NEO
- Fully executes the hire ePAR in ConnectCarolina
- Sends the LawLogix I-9 invitation
Faculty Attending NEO After Their Hire Date
If a faculty member attends NEO following the effective date of hire, the hiring department will continue to be responsible for ensuring that the Form I-9 is completed correctly and timely.
If the Human Resources Consultant or Representative should have any questions regarding the Form I-9 process for Faculty, they should contact the Office of Human Resources I-9 unit at (919) 962-0985 or email@example.com.
In light of the University’s response to COVID-19 and the desire to limit in-person meetings, Welcome to Carolina Blue, our new hire orientation program, will be delivered via Zoom. The orientation program manager will email all new hires who are registered for orientation the Thursday prior to orientation. If you do not see the email in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
In this email the program manager will include the following:
- New hire documents to be reviewed and signed during orientation
- Directions on how to return the new hire documents
- Directions on how to use Zoom